Saturday, August 20, 2011

Zoom-ing and other smaller dental stories

Thursday I have spent a few more hours at the Office Dent in Ploiesti with Dr. Raluca Draghici and Dr. Cristian Nicolae. They remained so professional all this time, yet always displaying such a friendly attitude.

Anyway, on Thursday I have "met" the clinic's Zoom Whitening LAMP (and I needed this proceedure in order for the new zirconium that will be attached close to my natural teeth to match in color).

The experience was ok (funny at times because I was feeling like an alien with the orange glasses on and that blue "thing" stuck in my mouth) and slightly uncomfortable for the last three minutes of the total of 15 minutes. At the end of it all I received a vitamin E gel to apply on my slightly "white-ish" gums' edges ("whiteness" which dissapeared shortly after applying the soothing gel on) and instructed not to eat any "stainy" foods...

They also "trial fit" some zirconium into my mouth. The last surgeries' stitches  remained in place until next week.

I also received a copy of my last tomography (done in Bucharest at Medident) to take home with me. It is a 15 pages file containing all the details (3D and otherwise) regarding the structure of my mouth, teeth, measurements, bone density, etc. I LOVE this "custom" here in Romania, the doctors will give you a copy of ABSOLUTELY everything (x-rays, panoramics, boold work results, tomography, pictures taken during surgeries or proceedures, etc).

Next week I am hoping to reach a "conclusion" to this FIRST STAGE of my dental "restauration" adventure and hopefully, I will have a few more "free of dentist" days to spend with my relatives in Bucharest. Hopefully, I will be able to SMILE again by next week.

When I will do, I will be able to say it again, from the depth of my heart: "THANK YOU SO MUCH, OFFICE DENT RO...See you again in...December 2011...!"