Friday, August 5, 2011

Deep Scaling Operation with Dr. Mihai Dorobantu, Office Dent, Ploiesti

So, I chose the right, but LONG(ER) and healthier way for my dental care treatment plan and I have already been through the deep scaling operation performed at the Office Dent by Dr. Mihai Dorobantu (General Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon).
I’ve made the best decision by choosing to take Dr. Draghici advice and have Dr. Dorobantu operating me! He was such a blessing!
I had been told by other Romanian  and Canadian doctors that I would need this "small surgery" and the removal of one (almost rotten) tooth under  the old porcelain bridge. Dr. Mihai Dorobantu did the entire work with much care, professionalism and in half the time estimated by the other clinics (needless to say that the deep scaling was also done for all of my teeth and at a fraction of the price my Canadian dentist quoted me for ONLY FOUR FRONT TEETH).
I would highly recommend a visit to Dr Dorobantu at Office Dent because he will firmly and honestly tell you the truth about what your best options are and I now know that the quality of his work is....great.
I have researched his credentials and I found out that he has a very good reputation in Romania, great results and he keeps up-to-date with all the latest procedures and attends many conferences and workshops worldwide. While operating on me he was also very professional, very caring (he kept apologizing while he was “freezing” my mouth and I was squeezing my eyes-because I HATE needles). He was sooo HUMAN and friendly from the first moment he met me.
Scaling and Root Planing is used when a patient shows signs of periodontal disease (or signs of gingivitis or very easily bleeding gums-like me). So, after the Dr. Dorobantu froze my gums, he then went deeply under the tissue of the gums and scraped the plaque/and infection off so that the gum tissue becomes healthy again and re-attaches itself to the tooth structure. If I wouldn’t have done this, I could have had even more bone loss and one can end up losing teeth or get more root decay. It definitely does work and helps maintain any periodontal issues.
I knew I have done the right thing by having this operation done when I realized that the blood coming off my gums was somehow...purple and not red or pink (as it should be in healthier cases). I know, I know...maybe this is too much information here, but if I could save someone from the pain of going through what I am going through now, I will do it in a second...So, by writing here all these details and advising everyone not too skip on dental care and maintenance...it is my way of trying to spread awarness about all this.
The average cost of SRP (deep scaling) in Canada runs about $200.00-$250.00 per quadrant (remember you have 4 quadrants so this is 250 x 4).  My average cost for this operation in my entire mouth (PLUS an extraction done in the same session) (at Office Dent in Ploiesti, Romania) was...a bit less than half...(of what would have cost me in Canada).
I am now scheduled to have the dual bone grafting operation soon with Dr. Mihai Dorobantu and later on, in about four months time, when I will return to Romania, he will also be the doctor who will perform my operation for titanium implants.
But for now, I have to think of maintaining great healthy gums and taking care of the surgical stitches that I now have inserted in a few places in my gums...Not to mention the “hole” left after the extraction of that “almost rotten tooth”...

At the end of this deep scaling intervention, Dr. Draghici provided me with a car (and a personal driver-Andrei-a very young, intelligent and ambitious young man and student) so I can skip the taxi and/or the inconvenience of finding my way home and she promised me the same "driving treatment" for the rest of my stay in Romania (being picked up from home by their clinic's car and driver and brought to the clinic, then, being taken back home the same way). Such a nice gesture, I could not thank her enough. And not only this, she also sent me home with a complimentary bottle of mouthwash CORSODYL, so I don’t have to waste my time in a pharmacy trying to buy it myself.
Talking about how human and absolutely amazing some doctors could be!!!
I am feeling so blessed to have found such an amazing caring doctor like Dr. Raluca Draghici (and the entire staff of Office Dent, Ploiesti).